Monday, February 8, 2010

The Monday Corner 2/8/2010



Sometimes while watching football I wonder, is there any sport that better embodies American men's love of war and compensating? I find it entertaining, but the fans of this game... wow. I've never seen so many beer guts in one place. Word to the wise: it's ok to go on a walk every now and then. Maybe try a glass of water?

Oh, and by the way, why do people get so psyched up for Super Bowl commercials? Every year there's about 5 good ones. 50 mediocre ones. And god knows how many you spend your life regretting having seen and blocking from your memory.

For your Consideration:
Ah yes, the linkage time. My favorite part of the entire post!

Anomalous Material asks the question: What makes for good acting?

Big Thoughts From a Small Mind analyzes the role of race in the 2009 hit The Blind Side.

Japan Cinema takes a look at one of my most anticipated films of the year: Confucius.

The Ludovico Technique looks at the Ridley Scott Blade Runner follow up film: Legend.

Dark of the Matinee doubles back to check out my best film of 2009, Moon. And yes, I will take advantage of all opportunities to mention this movie :).

Poll Update:
Wow. Go team, fight fight fight. People seem pretty sure the odds are in Bigelow's favor for this year. But still a lot of uncertainty.

Results: Odds of Bigelow Winning Best Directing Oscar
1. (tie) 4 votes: 100% & 75%
2. 2 votes: 50%
3. (tie) 1 vote: 25% & 0% (haters)

In case you died this past week, you probably heard about the oscar nominees. So I ask, what are your oscar nomination thoughts?

Random Stuff
- Want to know what everyone's thinking about the oscars? Check out my link collection post here.

- Did you know that every time you read my blog your keeping yourself off drugs. Unless you're on drugs while reading my blog... then, thank you for your commitment.

- I wonder if there's a special place in hell for people who star on reality TV shows? I'm thinking about 8th circle. Where do you put them?


That wraps it up for this week. Be sure to tune in next time when I bring you more me... ok I know that's not exciting, but then again... remember, I love you.

2 better thoughts:

Ryan McNeil said...

Great links this week dude - and I'm not just saying that because I'm one of them.

Castor said...

I agree, great links but I'm saying that because I'm one of them

;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails