Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Obligatory DVD Release Post 9/20/2011




New Releases:

Bridesmaids: Right, so I suppose it's about high time I step up to the plate and watch this one. I'm a bit concerned given the near obsessive references to The Hangover - a movie to which my opinion of has only dwindled since its first impression of mediocrity - though I understand it's just the easy, go to comedy to relate things to. Which is why I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. In fact, we could just relate all films in their relative quality to The Hangover. Seriously. I'd kill to see an in depth analysis between The Smurfs and The Hangover.

Other Releases of Note - An Invisible Sign (shouldn't have taken the sign-be-gone ointment), Bride Flight (*shrug*), We Are the Night (*double shrug*), Jig (*triple shrug*), and Circo (*quadruple shrug*)


Other Goodies:

Dumbo (70th Anniversary Edition): I wouldn't even dare begin to count the number of times I've had a "I don't know, what do you want to do?" conversation where both parties were acutely aware of the Dumbo references being made. Classic.

Breakfast at Tiffanys (50th Anniversary Edition): It's Audrey Hepburn, what more do you need to know?

Les Cousins & Le Beau Serge (Criterion Releases): One of these days I'm going to go full mental and just burn through all the Criterion dvds.... one days.

Well folks that's about all I've got for you this week. I know it isn't much, but Hollywood just doesn't consult me on their DVD release schedule. Otherwise, I'm certain this would be a far more awesome post week in and week out. Oh well, at least I'll always have killer pandas to keep me company. Happy hunting!

1 better thoughts:

Castor said...

Looking forward to check out Bridesmaids again and see how it holds up. I thought it was solid although certainly nothing great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails