'FEUD' TV SERIES PHOTOS WITH SUSAN SARANDON, JESSICA LANGUE AS BETTE DAVIS & JOAN CRAWFORD! 'COLOSSAL' TRAILER WITH ANNE HATHAWAY, JASON SUDEIKIS, DAN STEVENS - *'FEUD' PICS & TEASER * SUSAN SARANDON, JESSICA LANGUE, CATHERINE ZETA JONES *F*irst photos are here announcing anthology (it will deal with some famous c...
Monday, April 4, 2011
Movie Watched This Past Week:
Waste Land - intriguing and heartfelt but I couldn't help feeling as if a few of the interviewees were over posturing for the camera - a real pet peeve.
Badlands - thus completes my Terrence Malick directorial viewing. I took a bit of a whopping on twitter last week for saying I don't think all of Malick's films are perfect, and dared to not like one of them at all. This didn't change my mind. Beautiful but cold and emotionless. I like my emotion thick like a Spanish soap opera. Still, the movie fan in me suffered a near stroke at seeing a young Sissy Spacek go scene to scene with a young Martin Sheen.
For your Consideration:
As always, we here at LiE love to send out the love to blogs who have achieved long running status. In that honor we give our highest congratulations to Rachel's Reel Reviews which just turned four years old!
When The Great White Dope does his Foreign Poster Atrocities post, I sprint faster than a cheetah after a zebra just after a hunger strike to take a bite out of the new installment. This latest one, is beautiful. Seriously, there were tears... of uncontrollable laughter and pain.
Flick Pick Monster tackles the cinematic-gasmic styling of movie endings with their breakdown of the best final shots and scenes of all time!
Rupert Perkins Speaks and the people listen as they deliver the Cinematic Alphabet. And if you like that, be sure to check out Defiant Success who takes a stab at the challenging collection.
I may link to him a lot, but there's a good reason for it. He's one of the finest writers out there, and this week he's tackling overt Americanism in films - and the alienating cost of it. It's DARK OF THE MATINEE!
Weinstein, we feel sorry for you. Not. Oh snap!
1. 15 votes: Original was awesome, no need to mess with it (but it did happen, all because parents want to be certain their children doesn't hear unoffensive vulgar language used in therapeutic means).
2. 4 votes: Wait wait, what? (yeah... I know... my first thought exactly. You'd think they would have learned after what FX, TNT, and USA have done to some absolute gems and made them laughing stocks)
3. 2 votes: Won't help the movie either way (you have no soul! Or just didn't like this movie... either way)
4. 1 vote: Alright then... we'll wait and see (I love you sole cautious optimist of my reading base)
5. 0 vote: I can't wait (thus ends any signs of optimism here at LiE, thank you for playing)
New Poll: It's not long now, and advertising has been kicked up into the third gear for the return... of Scream! I want to know - how are you feeling about the upcoming installment?
PLEA FOR HELP of the Week:
That's right ladies and gents, I need your help. It's come to my attention that despite my efforts, the Monday Corner is slowly dying in terms of readership, and even more so in terms of comments. So, I ask you: WHAT IS ONE THING YOU WOULD CHANGE/ADD TO MAKE THE MONDAY CORNER BETTER?
Why the caps? Because you people scroll past stuff too darned quickly if you don't see your blog in underlined blue! Have a good Monday everyone :).