Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Obligatory DVD Release Post 3/8/2011

Failed Three Stooges Homage Inspires Court Hearings
Grab your portfolio, gear up on the latest bombing equipment, do a little street painting, go on a talk show, and save your wife from jail. It's a busy day, but that's what you get with the OBLIGATORY DVD RELEASE POST!

New Releases:

Inside Job: Hilarity ahoy in this romping comedic adventure through one of the greatest societal screw-overs since Marie Antoinette hogged all the Cake at her local 'watch me look pretty for charity' campaign. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll mostly shake your head in disbelief, at this rip-roaring adventure! Oh, it's funny because we do nothing about it and blame all the wrong people leading to its inevitable recurrence and potential economic downfall. Now, if only I could find some teachers to vent at.....

Morning Glory: There should be a crime against Rachel McAdams sporting a ponytail. Makes me feel like a dirty old man, and I'm several years younger than her. Still, if I'm going to feel dirty about anyone, it's just as well that it's Rachel McAdams. She's beautiful, has an admirable personality, and broke up with Ryan Gosling. Why does the third one seem applicable? By sheer statistics, it means that's another Ryan down and my shot just got better!

Four Lions: Three Tigers, Two Bears, and one super fabulous 'OH MY!' Gather 'round kids, it's time for the 12 Days of Terrorism. What I had originally wrote in this place was quite wrong and left a horridly bad taste in my mouth. I'm only willing to go so far for my dark humor moments, so I think I better just move on.

The Next Three Days: Why 'Next' Three Days? Next after what? The days we're not made aware of until we see the movie? Or are you implying that this movie will take up roughly the next three days to watch? Either way, wouldn't it be just as simple to title it: "The Three Days" - Same meaning, and that way we don't have to worry about a reference point.

Other Releases: The Man From Nowhere (goes Somewhere....) and Every Day (and the award for first Helen Hunt sighting of the year goes too....)

Other Goodies:

Exit Through the Gift Shop (Special Edition): So, this came out last year. Lots of people liked it. Some called it subversive analysis on our obsession with the capitalization and monetization of art. I called it a bunch of self-fulling meh piled on even more self-grandeur masquerading as nihilism.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (Blu-Ray): OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! Yes, even Uni can get excited sometimes - deal with it :P

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Vol. XX: OK, I promise I won't turn into a fifteen year old OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! *ah, so sorry!*

The Walking Dead: Technically not a movie but.... no... I won't do it.... no... nooooo. noooooooooooo. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Whew, I need a smoke break. How about you?

6 better thoughts:

Ryan McNeil said...

Not to nitpick, but I coulda sworn EXIT had hit dvd already. It'd easily be my choice amongst these.

Univarn said...

@Mad Don't lie, you love to nitpick :P. But yeah, it should be down in 'Other Goodies' as a special edition release.

Castor said...

Already saw Morning Glory, it was a good time and I'm sure it will be worth a second viewing down the road. Also Heard some great things about Four Lions, will definitely give that a watch in the next few days. I think you omitted Jackass 3? I'm getting that on Netflix today eheh

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's right! The new MST3K came out today.

Univarn said...

@Castor I actually thought it had already gotten a DVD release... bah humbug. To be honest, I don't care enough about that movie to go in and make the change.

@AlexJ Three cheers!

Anonymous said...

Gotta put Inside Job in my queue, that photo at the top is hilarious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails