Friday, January 29, 2010

Obligatory Weekend Movie Post #18

Don't call it a comeback.
I've been here for years.
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear.

Is it weird that with every passing Mel Gibson Edge of Darkness commercial I think of the song Mama Said Knock You Out? No idea why, but I think it applies for this weekends releases. Why? well take a journey with me, and maybe you'll find out why!

Wide Releases:

Edge of Darkness: Is it ironic that Mel Gibson plays a guy with nothing to lose, which may just be the perfect example of his public reputation? Let's be honest he could go on Letterman tomorrow and scream his entire interview, and all we'd be thinking is "Someone found their hidden collection of JackyD!" Then again this is directed by Martin Campbell, that may be enough to get me to the theater.

When in Rome: A tourism guide to the beautiful city of Rome, Italy. You'll be whisked away on a whirlwind ride of gag inducing romance, gag inducing jokes, and gag inducing acting! It's a romantic getaway like no other.... because no other human being would want to go on it. This movie looks about as exciting as a tampon advertisement.

Limited Releases:

North Face: North Face. South Butt. East Right Arm. West Left Leg. Is anyone else seeing a potentially awesome series of names here? Who cares about the films, I'm smelling a brand new title naming spree!

Saint John of Las Vegas: Steve Buscemi + Las Vegas = major sex appeal? Troubling gamble addict road film? I'm confused! Oh I got an idea! How about Steve Buscemi and Mel Gibson swap roles this weekend! That would be honest. Who doesn't want to see Buscemi kick some ass?


In other news Crazy Heart is finally making its way towards the NC borderline. May, or may not, drive a long ways to check it out. I don't know though. We'll see.

That's all for this week. Not that good of one to be honest. Snow is coming our way so I may not be able to get out at all :S

6 better thoughts:

Snipes said...

Mel's accent just doesn't sound right in the previews... maybe it's just me.

DEZMOND said...

Mel's EDGE OF DARKNESS has lovely Serbian actress Bojana Novakovic in the lead female role :)))

And I find WHEN IN ROME very charming and interesting, a relaxing little movie for a weekend afternoon. I guess warlords masterminding panda armies just aren't romantic at all :))

Unknown said...

Enjoyed the new title game - South Butt sounds the best - how about East and West Chest

Castor said...

Haven't seen Edge of Darkness and don't plan to until it's on DVD but I read the script and it is fairly solid

JournoMich said...

So which did you go see? Any of them?
Actually, I was surprised at how appealing Mel Gibson's movie was...Probably will see it on DVD.

Michele
SouthernCityMysteries

Sasha James said...

Saw "Edge" and "Rome" during preview screenings in Toronto. They're both awful. And I had such high hope for Ms. Bell. No doubt her next picture will be much better. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails