Monday, January 23, 2012

The Monday Corner 1/23/2012



Movies/TV Watched This Past Week:


Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides: Let's put it this way - the rather lifeless first half definitely ended on stronger footing than it started.

Spaced Series 2: I'm a bit torn here. On the one hand I'm feeling sad Spaced ended (seemingly) so prematurely. But on the other hand I know any effort now - no matter how talented those involved are - would never live up to the expectations of their predecessor. Still, I loved every moment of it.

Doctor Who Series 2: Was sad to see Rose Tyler leave, but I do admit there were some damn fine episodes leading to the finale. Series 3 is looking good so far. At my current rate, I'll have caught up with the ongoing show by the year 2014!

For Your Consideration:

Over at The Flick Chick, 2011 has been wrapping up with a bang as Norma Desmond tackles the year in a series appropriately titled the Top 10 Week! Of course we all know if I did a top 10 it'd be a clean sweep for Jack and Jill.

Andrew of gmanReviews is digging deep into his emotional spectrum and wondering if he should feel guilty for treating action sequences in historical biopics with the same 'reverence' as he does those in mindless action entertainment.

I'm terribly blind when it comes to Bollywood cinema, so this post over at Lime Reviews and Strawberry Confessions explaining why Dil Se is their favorite movie caught my attention on more levels than one. 78 reasons all with equal amounts of passion and fascination... makes me wonder if I could do the same about mine.

Lest we never forget - for he'll do it for us - Andrew's Encore World of Film & TV celebrated their 3rd year in existence and might I add it's been three years of beautiful writing through and through.

After the incredibly fun and exciting series that was 60/60, Nick from Random Ramblings of a Demented Doorknob has kicked off his brand new 50/50 series with a review of the oft unspoken Tarantino thriller, Jackie Brown.

Have a great Monday everybody!

4 better thoughts:

Nikhat said...

I just finished Black Books and am considering starting Spaced...
I have started the 4th series of Doctor Who, and it's the only one left for me (started with 5th and went back to the beginning). Quite in love with the show, even though it's one of the biggest reasons for the dip in my film-watching rate.

Andrew Robinson said...

@Nikhat go and watch SPACED... it's brilliant...

@Univarn I knew putting a pic of Braveheart would get your attention :)

Thanks for the link.

SPACED didn't end prematurely, it ended awesome-like.

Dave Enkosky said...

I love Spaced. I was actually just thinking of rewatching the series. I gotta agree with Andrew; the show ended perfectly.

Ruth said...

Aaaww, I loved Rose, but the next companion is pretty awesome!
On Stranger Tides was better than Pirates 3....but not by much I thought :( They really need to quit those now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails