Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I've been tagged (and again) with the 10 Movie Facts about myself, that's been going around lately. It reminds me quite a bit of the Kreativ Blogger thing which went around a few months back. Alas, if I'm going to go at it, I'm going to go all the way! And by all the way, I mean posting 10 things about my movie self that I can remember while "conveniently" forgetting about 500 others :).
1. As a kid I loved Armageddon. Probably watched it a hundred times. Everyday we had off school, really any occasion, didn't matter. To this day, I still have a nostalgia soft spot for it, despite it's obsessive cheesiness.
2. I have never seen a movie starring Errol Flynn. I want desperately to remedy this, but I only have 2 days a week I can watch movies anymore, and he just never manages to squeeze in!
3. When I was a kid I got very uneasy around gore/violence in films, so my parent's would pre-screen most of the more violent films I watched for too much of it. Things stayed this way until The Matrix became popular at my middle school. I decided heck with said uneasiness and went for the watch. I still get uneasy with overly realistic or exposing violence (like Saw levels), but for the most part I'm good.
4. One of my nervous habits is humming movie themes to myself. The main repeaters: Glory, Indiana Jones, James Bond, Untouchables, and Lord of the Rings.
5. I seldom laugh at most comedy movies unless I'm watching them with someone who laughs a lot (like my sister for instance). Otherwise I tend to chuckle in retrospect more.
6. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was the first film I watched where I noticed character recasting had taken place. That movie still haunts my dreams (top 5 contender for my worst ever list).
7. I vote Bob Barker in Happy Gilmore reigns as the most awesome use of a celebrity cameo ever.
8. In the summer of 2008 I spent 2 weeks watching every full length Hayao Miyazaki film ever made. Was one of the most enjoyable film challenges I ever undertook (23 Days of Kurosawa definitely also ranks up there - but far more tiring).
9. The first movie I ever reviewed period was Glory. The first movie I reviewed for this blog was Hurt Locker. My favorite genre of film is War, not surprisingly (I know there's several facts there, but they compound into one).
10. I still believe James Earl Jones baseball speech in Field of Dreams is perhaps one of the most awe inspiring speeches in film history. I've seen the movie several times just to watch that speech in all its glory and relevance.
Soooo there you go. 10 movie related facts about me! Excited? I know you are!
Well, since I have no clue who all has been nominated (except for the few who nominated me). I'll just list a few people I haven't seen, and if you have, sorry!
Castor @ Anomalous Material
MovieNut14 @ Life of a Cinephile
Andrew @ Encore Entertainment
If you really want to do this, but haven't been nominated let me know and I'll add you. Otherwise happy 10 listing everyone!
Iron Fist – Dragon Plays With Fire (Review) - Crossed out.