Friday, January 1, 2010

A Personal Look Back at 2009 and Ahead

me and the pirate, Frenchy, make up after a long fight (I lost).

Ah 2009, what an interesting year. It's true you never know what a year has going for you when it starts. Who knows where any of us will be 12 months from now (I'm hoping on a beach in the Bahamas surrounded by Victoria Secret models), but it's been a fun year. I've had my ups, downs, lefts and rights (don't ask), but overall I wouldn't say it was a bad year by any means.

This past year my new years resolution was a simple one: Lose weight (like we all say, right!)

Coming in to this year I weighed 210lbs. As of this morning I weigh 185lbs. That's 25lbs lost this past year! Woo Woo Woo (awaits applause from cheerful readers). Alas my diet hasn't improved much (I still have an odd obsession with cheeseburgers). Overall though I'm proud of that. My ultimate goal is still to hit 170lbs, and shall be the overarching goal of my upcoming year (god it's hard this time of the year to not pack on the pounds!!!!).

This upcoming year will present a lot of new challenges for me as well. This May, in addition to turning 23, I'll also be graduating from UNC Greensboro with a degree in Computer Science. Which means I'll have to get the ever dreaded job (dun dun dunnn). You can expect constant updates throughout the year! Anyways, I'm glad I have all of you readers to continue on with my trek through film.

Oh, and because this is a film blog, My Most Anticipated Films of the Year:
Shutter Island
Inception
Robin Hood
The Expendables (I'm praying for this to be the crappy action film to end all crappy action films!)
Alice in Wonderland
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Iron Man 2
Toy Story 3
*And the Countless indie films I won't hear of until the year is over.

My Wait and See Films of the Year:
The Book of Eli
Legion
The A-Team
The Green Hornet
Clash of the Titans
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

My Not Interested At all Films:
Tron Legacy
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Cop Out


Well yeah, there's a lot out there and I don't care enough to go through them all. See you all throughout the year. Enjoy!

3 better thoughts:

DEZMOND said...

Thumbs up for all those pounds going down ;) Loosing weight isn't a difficult business, I'm saying that as a nutritionist, you just need a good plan, strict discipline and a good set off rules, kind of like being in an army.
Congrats on finishing the college this year!

Andrew K. said...

"And the Countless indie films I won't hear of until the year is over."

Hear, hear.

PS. When you're right, you're right. I reaaaally liked An Education.

filmgeek said...

Good luck with the job hunting post-college. The more I read about the lack of jobs for graduates the more I wonder if the £20-30,000 debt is worth it... Here's hoping

Related Posts with Thumbnails