Monday, January 18, 2010

The Monday Corner 1/18/2010


My Three Cents on Last nights golden globes:

1) Billy Bush hosting a pre-awards red carpet festival is the perfect representation of all that is wrong with NBC. Why he is constantly on TV has long escaped my understanding.

2) If you bet the under on 30% of the winners even being shocked they won it, you severely under-judged the HFPA.

3) Was it just me or could Emily Blunt, Olivia Wilde, Christina Aguilera, and Christina Hendricks have not looked any more amazing last night. Each time they were on shown my tongue hit the floor.

For your Consideration:
Whew. Glad to be here. Away from the ensuing grumpiness that shall encompass the blogging world for the next few days.

This past week Common Sense and I exchanged a couple of films, me taking on some Hammer productions, him some Kurosawa films. Read his reviews for Yojimbo and Sanjuro!

For StinkLulu's recent Supporting Actress blog-a-thon, Encore Entertainment looked at the work of one of my all time favorite personalities, Kristin Chenoweth.

Film Forager takes a look at a dark comedy, A Film With Me in It, which looks quite interesting and shall most definitely be checked out by me (oh, it has Dylan Moran, need I say more?).

Kid in the Front Row has a conversation with his inner self... I think he's stealing my gag (damn right, attack multiple personalities attack!).

Movie Moxie's Sword and Sandal series has lead her to one of my favorite films of all time, Spartacus!

Dark of the Matinee takes a look at the latest Sherlock Holmes effort, and recent Golden Globe Winner RDJ, and comes out with a score of 3 out of 4 stars... be sure to read why!

Flick Chick gives us her top 5 screen detectives. Any list with Bogart and Mitchum on it is deemed correct by law I believe.


Moving on!

Poll Update:
Hmmm good to see you all turn out for these polls. Always nice to see input :).

Results: Indifference is correct. You should all be watching Craig Ferguson anyways.
1. 6 votes: Indifferent
2. 3 votes (tie): Shocked and Upset & Not a Fan of Jay Leno
3. 2 votes: Glad to see Jay Leno go
4. 0 votes: Kind of Surprised.

New Poll: Since what I think is rather unimportant in the grand scheme of things, what did you think of the Golden Globes?

Random Stuff
- I get lots of people love The Dude, aka Jeff Bridges, but why is it whenever his name is mentioned I have to hear 2 hours of dude abide quotes? It's getting old people... real old.

- I'm convinced that one of these years the Golden Globes awards announcements will come with a laugh track. Hey I can dream can't I?

- I'm still waiting for Elmo to get his long overdue nomination for best supporting actor in a tv series. Come on people let's make this happen!


And yeah, that's all I'm gonna say about that.

3 better thoughts:

Ryan McNeil said...

Hey cool, I made the cut!

I've been saying it to anyone who will listen, I'm officially over The Golden Globes. This annual fanfest is just too silly to keep paying attention to.

rtm said...

Hi there, Univarn!

I've just recently discovered your blog but I'm really impressed by what your writing style and your blog overall. So I nominated you for a Kreatif Blogger Award: http://wp.me/pxXPC-Pb

DEZMOND said...

Ryan if you want your tongue to hit the floor again, come to HOLLYWOOD SPY and check out our best and worse dressed divas at the Golden Globes (there are pictures too :)))

I watched GG last night, just to see Toni Collette receiving her well deserved prize.

Related Posts with Thumbnails