Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Life in Equinox Podcastmonium #4!

IT'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! Are you excited? are you really excited? You know you are! Don't even lie!!! This time we got A Single Man, Golden Globe predicts, and a couple of classic musical reviews for you to check out!

As you may have seen while listening to MadHatter's latest podcast so I am also making the judicious (grump) task of moving things over to mypodcast.com. You'll see some linkage appearing around here in the coming days so keep an eye out for that (or not, whatever). This week we have a lot of things to talk about: namely why I'm so awesome. Ok, go ahead start. No, it's ok, I'll wait. *cricket cricket* FINE! Be that way, gosh.

Anyways here it is, lucky number 4!




General Information

Runtime: 26 minutes, 38 seconds (lots of editing, I apologize)

Films/Topics Covered:
- An American in Paris
- Funny Face
- A Serious Man
- Golden Globe Predictions

9 better thoughts:

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Another great cast - really enjoyed listening to the Golden Globe predictions they sound pretty freaking spot on. I do have a feeling Meryl will take home the award for Julie & Julia - I agree that double noms usually mean no win but this year I think it will. She breaks the mold :)

Andrew K. said...

I should be seeing A Serious Man, although I wish it were A Single Man. The Coens don't usually do it for me.

Alex said...

I really enjoyed listening to this! Nice to hear such love for classic musicals. I'm with you on the weird 12 minute segment in An American in Paris- it's all part of Gene's experimental dance fixation (seen to a much greater extent in An Invitation to the Dance). He did the same thing in Singin' in the Rain, but it was more relevant, and it wasn't squeezed in at the end.

I didn't realize the Golden Globes were so soon either. I'll probably just read the results the next day anyway. I hope The Hurt Locker wins best pic and/or best director too.

Even though I disagree with your view of the Coens, I found your metaphor for their movie style hilarious, and in some ways apt.

I've only listened to podcasts that are more conversation-based with multiple speakers, so I'm really impressed you had such an interesting "discussion" by yourself! Great job!

Jaydon said...

I had a similar response to the tornado initially but have since come around to thinking that it's perfectly suited to the events that lead up to it. The critique you voice about how the ending feels conspicuously artsy and oblique is strange considering the entire movie can be described as an oblique art film. Think about the beginning dybbuk fable. It's an esoteric piece of artsyness from the start.

The movie is about the inexplicable nature of life. I can't think of a better ending than the tornado to wrap that theme up.

PS I'd like to commission a script for your magical forest adventure.

Fletch said...

Is there a new feed URL? I'd like to subscribe, but am not seeing how to do anything but listen directly from your site.

Univarn said...

@Shannon thanks!

@Andrew yeah, the Coens do little for me as well.

@Alex Well as long as it was entertaining :)

@Jaydon perhaps, but I'm not that big on the film as it stands right now

@Fletch yeah, with gcast going down I swapped over to mypodcast, but haven't transferred all my old podcasts yet. You can subscribe here: http://lifeinequinox.mypodcast.com/index.html

Fletch said...

Hrmm...that page appears to have nothing on it. Or at least not yet. I will stay tuned, though.

Univarn said...

@Fletch Hey, sorry mypodcast.com seems to be acting up. Try this link:

http://lifeinequinox.mypodcast.com/2010/01/Life_in_Equinox_Podcastmonium_4-275073.html

Fletch said...

Thanks, 'Varn. I be subscribed to the new site now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails