Monday, December 28, 2009

The Monday Corner 12/28/2009

Oh hi everybody! *checks clock* MY GOD! I'm late, I'm late for a very important date. No time to say "Hello", "Goodbye." I'm late, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!!!!!!

And here's the reason why. You see, I'm overdue, I'm in a rabbit stew! Can't even say "Goodbye", "Hello." I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.

Note: if you stick around that may make more sense later on :).

For your Consideration:
By Scot I think there have been some mighty good posts this week!
Whose Scot?
oh, nevermind!

The Dark of the Matinee takes a detailed look at It's a Wonderful Life, the power behind George Bailey, and its lasting impact (also one of the 1001 movie clubs films, stay tuned for my post!)

Plus Trailers - Tom Clift's Movie Blog counts down his favorite scenes of the year.

Blog Cabins has kicked off his countdown of the premier films of the decade, be sure to check it out!

Common Sense Movie Reviews takes a good look at this weekend's big release, Sherlock Holmes.

Andrew at Encore Entertainment throws Avatar into the pantheon of near perfect films, check out his review and see if you agree.

Life of a Cinephile and Bibliophile analyzes some of the popular modern/classic actor comparisons (and a few, self admitted, made up ones).


Poll Update:
Wahoo, yay for poll voting! Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote, hope you got to go out and see what you wanted.

Results:
1. Sherlock Holmes (8 votes)
2. tie. Avatar and Nine (5 votes)
3. 3-way tie. Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, A Single Man, & The Young Victoria (3 votes)
4. It's Complicated (2 votes)
5. 3-way tie. Up in the Air, Lovely Bones, & Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 (0 votes)

New Poll: With New Years coming up what will be your resolution?

Random Stuff
- Oh did you see that my post on Avatar was a Choice Chop this week? Oh, you did, then why haven't you commented on it yet!? *cries* :)

- Be sure you check back later today for some podcasting news!

- Also, I'll be doing a lot of reviewing over the next few days with the 1001 movie club, end of year posts, and other such so be sure you stick around for all those posts!


Till then, I must head off for my very important date :P.

1 better thoughts:

DEZMOND said...

Ryan, why do I have a strange notion that all of the choices in your new poll are actually your own New Year's resolutions??? :)))
Hope you fulfill them all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails